The amount of spam left in the logs of this site is reaching unmanageable levels. I already had to shut down comments in both galleries and blogs, now I find that several bandwith leeches simply link from my graphics out of sheer laziness and that I registered 5000 spam related pings in my Trackbacks for the past 2 weeks only.
Time to do some cleaning.
I upgraded Movable Type to version 3.16 and will spend the next few days looking into strategies to claim back both my site and my bandwith from that plague.
While I am in the middle of changes, I started moving most of my pages from Template based Static Dreamweaver pages to dynamic pages using Moveable Type as a base and PHP/Coldfusion for automation.
First round of updates was a redesign of the Gallery section.