Where do the Imperial Patrols go at the end of the day ?
Do they march until they drop ? do they stop at Inns for the night (I know some do… but that is not very martial of them).
I found one missing detail in Cyrodiil was the lack of military camp sites. Places where Imperial Patrols, Watchmen and Foresters can get much needed repair and supplies, or just kick back and relax for a while.
There was a thread a while ago asking about forts to be rebuilt to their past glory. There is a full mod allowing the clean up and rebuilding of a fort, and another WIP around a full Legion faction. This mod is less ambitious – as it stands now, it is purely to add immersive details in the game.
I just needed a simple project to practice making mods – this looks like a good place to start.
So… what does it do so far ?
Imperial Forts – Fort Nikel adds a much needed base camp for Imperial Patrols.
Official forum thread –
Status: On hold until March 08.
The area around the fort was cleaned up. The surrounding fortifications rebuilt anew and the main keep proudly stands once again.
The fort provides shelter for patrols, with the full amenities one can expect from the Legion.
There is a small cemetery and shrine at the center of the fort to honor the memory of fallen heroes.
Smugglers have established themselves under the ruins of a watchtower, north of the lake.
Practically speaking, I had to move the entrance to the inside of the ruin up north. I also moved spawning points, quest items and a few other goodies in alternate locations in the area.
The fort is almost functional at the moment. I still have some minor clipping issues to fix (I miss how items used to snap automatically together in Morrowind’s CS) as well as clean up of the ground level inside the fortifications.
Hopefully, I will have a first version released before the weekend.
Some ideas I would like to explore after the holidays :
- Unique NPCs with services available – smithy, cook, trainer (right now, I only have a few generic guards and soldiers).
- Soldiers ‘rest’ activities – practicing, cleaning up armor, eating, sleeping
- Separate interior cell for the Keep (open place holder at the moment)
- Patrols leaving and coming home
If this one turns out the way I would like, I would even consider extending it to smaller outpost in strategic locations in Cyrodiil.
A few more screenshots:
- View of the fort from the East
- East Gate
- Entrance of the Keep
- Inside tower of the Keep
- Blacksmith shack next to the barn
- The main tower of the keep is still under construction
- … more scaffolds at the top of the tower
- Houses for the ‘support staff’ in the fort (cook, workers, smith)
- The forge is ready to welcome its blacksmith
- New location for the cemetary, away from the houses
I added a few goodies to pick up already. I still have to work out the
light at night, paths of guards and patrols, interiors for the keep and
the houses, more details for atmosphere and unique NPCs.